US To Canada – Green Card Holders

Canadians who have been living in the United States as a lawful permanent resident (AKA Green Card) need to be very careful about about abandoning the Green card (severing tax residence with the United States). They may (depending on whether they are a “Long Term Resident”) be subject to the draconian 877A Expatriation tax!